Pine Bluff Arsenal is a division of the United States Army and is located just outside of Pine Bluff, Arkansas. The Arsenal specializes in riot control products for the Armed Forces and Homeland Security. They also specialize in incendiary munitions, as well as chemical/biological defense operations items. It also has the distinction of being the only place in the Northern Hemisphere where white phosphorus munitions are filled.
Pine Bluff was initially created in 1941 for the creation of incendiary grenades and other bombs. During World War II, the Arsenal changed directions and switched from grenades to produce mostly chemical warfare devices.
From the 1953 until 1969 the Arsenal produced biological weapons, which ceased under the Nixon Administration and a growing disapproval of Agent Orange.
As much as 12.3% of World War II's chemical weapons and aging projectiles were stored at the Arsenal until 2010 when the stockpile of weapons were totally destroyed. Since this time, the Arsenal has switched focus to developing, among other things, chemical proof clothing.
Pine Bluff Lodging will serve the needs, interests and responsibilities of each Soldier, Civilian and Family member.